AlaskaNow is the new Service Management System (SMS) which will provide State employees with a single, unified portal through which they get the information, services, and help they need whether they are working remotely or in government offices.
Services accessed via AlaskaNow will include:
- Knowledge Management: This will give State employees easy access to knowledge bases that provide articles in self-help, troubleshooting, and task resolution. Resources will also include videos, step-by-step guides, and other external references.
- Employee Onboarding: Instead of completing cumbersome paperwork, hiring managers will be able to access a new fully automated system via AlaskaNow. This process will be fully integrated into our wider HR systems to eliminate any duplication of effort across the State, with automated workflows to give hiring managers and new employees the confidence that all the tasks associated with hiring and onboarding have been completed. It will also ensure that new employees are aware of the support and resources available to them, while their colleagues will be automatically updated with information about who has joined, their role, and how can they be contacted.
Full training on the new Recruitment and Onboarding Process will be given to all hiring managers as required. DOA is currently piloting this new system.
- HR Case Management: AlaskaNow will provide an online, one-stop-shop for employees to find HR information, answers via self-service, and submit requests for a variety of digitized services. Initially approximately two dozen separate HR processes will be available via AlaskaNow. The system will provide one point of contact for this range of services and the system will track and provide feedback on the progress of inquiries.
- Employee Document Management: AlaskaNow will help secure, retain, access, and purge employee files using paperless document management.
- Incident Management: Provide the ability to report technology issues and enable restoration of normal service operation quickly and effectively.
- Request Management: Allow needed items for employees, such as equipment refreshes, to be requested via an easy to use enterprise storefront and fulfilled based on defined flows.
- Change Management: Provide a systematic approach to make changes to IT services while minimizing disruption to those services.
- Hardware Asset Management: Enable management of assets by automating the tracking of financial, contractual and inventory details of hardware and devices.
- Customer Service Case Management: AlaskaNow will also create a citizen service portal accessible via the myAlaska site. This is currently a pilot project for the Department of Motor Vehicles giving citizens access to the department’s Customer Service Case Management and Knowledge Management online services.
The diagram below provides an overview of AlaskaNow: